A Little Bit About Me
I’m a little nervous about putting up an “About Me” page. This website is suppose to be about you and how I can help you succeed. It should not be me, me, me. Still, we like to know what a person is about before we hire them so ahem, here’s a brief story about me.
Most days you can find me:
In my studio making outstanding design (by outstanding I mean design that is clean and effective) for clients. “Making” may mean writing a helpful blog post or case study. Making may mean building awesome responsive WordPress websites for clients. If I’m not in making-mode, I’m in learning-mode. I love to up my game by learning code, new techniques, and increase my know-how with software I use so I can better serve my clients. And yes, there is that administrative stuff that has to get done! I’m lucky to a naturally organized person when it comes to details.
I am mostly known for:
Good clean graphic design + clever concepts, my collaborative spirit, being fun to work with and a resourceful asset to both clients and partners.
People often refer to me:
As “Design Queen” and “The Best.”
I love serving the world by:
Being an active listener, placing empathy and authenticity first, and putting out the best work possible that helps those who are working to make the world a better place.
The things I am most passionate about in life are:
Art, good design, nature, the environment, social justice, education, and of course, puppies!
Other places you’ll find me:
Hiking Lebanon Hills, taking classes at the Minneapolis Center for Book Arts, or enjoying and exploring the Big Island of Hawaii ~ Waipio Wayside B&B Inn is our favorite place to stay!
I design for people who struggle with branding, keeping it consistent and building a story around why they do what they do. I serve people who are working to make the world a better place, from nonprofits to socially responsible enterprises. I also partner with like-minded marketing strategists.
I am super lucky to work in an industry that I love. Being able to creatively help others gain awareness and support for their causes, launch businesses, and reach clarity and authenticity in their messaging and story to help build a loyal audience…that’s why I believe in the power of good design.
I am also a visual artist.
If you check out Terra Kind Studio, you can see my latest work and upcoming exhibits I’m showing in. I try and make it to all the open receptions, so if you go, please introduce yourself!
When I’m not designing for clients or a side passion project, I’m making art. My recent work has been influenced by working with environmental nonprofits. It’s given me a renewed focus on what has always interested me only now my work has an underlying story based on ecology that wasn’t there before. Going forward, I want my work to express issues of climate change, protecting vulnerable Minnesota biomes and native species, to open a dialogue on what individuals can do to address these challenges. There is hope.
If you are dying to hear more, here are five things you may not know about me:
1. Driving on the freeway is terrifying to me (but I say a little prayer and white knuckle it). It takes a lot of courage to venture out but I do it because the people I’m going to meet with are so worth it.
2. I currently take care of 18 rather large house plants, (including a 6-foot tall cactus) most of them over 30 years old.
3. I’m always kind to spiders. They’re actually an important part of a house ecosystem and eat a lot of the bugs that would make your home unbearable. The reality is where ever you are, there is a spider within six feet of you. Relax. They have no interest in biting you.
4. I have traveled to and visited more islands that U.S. states or countries.
5. I’m really hopeless with glue. If a project involves gluing, the glue is everywhere other than where it is suppose to be. Needless to say, I won’t be picking up scrap booking any time soon.
Wow, still here?
Then let’s continue the conversation! I’d love to learn more about you, what you are struggling with, what you are passionate about, and how we might work together.